Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner Favors

My brother got married in August and I made the favors for the rehearsal dinner.  My mom ordered these frames for a super good deal online...they were under $1.00 each (with shipping!)
I killed two birds with one stone by just pulling the ribbon I used to tie up the package through the accent flower on top and tying it there. That way I didn't need a separate flower center...worked swell!



My husband (the computer whiz)  created  the insert for the bottom of the frame from a picture I drew and me standing over his shoulder barking directions.  I think I may have tried his patience just a smidge!  :)  It's so hard when you can see something in your head EXACTLY how you want it, and you have to direct someone else to do it.



He did an awesome job though!  Just what I wanted!  (He hated it because it wasn't centered and symmetrical!  LOL!!)  I thought it deserved its own picture even if it is a little blurry.  Thanks honey!  You rock!  :)




I also made some silverware pockets...complete with wet wipe (It was a BBQ dinner).  These looked very nice on the tables.  Round tables, white tablecloths, red  center circle accent cloths (I'm sure there is a technical name for those...but I'm a savage, so I don't know it!), red roses, the party favors, black and white boxed candies, and a sparse smattering of red and silver heart confetti...wow, when I list all that, it sounds obnoxious and over-done, but it looked good in person.  You'll just have to trust me, because no one thought to take a picture of the finished product...oops!




Here's a close up of the little silver double heart detail on the pocket. These charms were at Michael's.  They were only about $6 for 50...it was a perfect tie-in since the double heart was on the picture frame and on their invitations.  I made 60 of each of these little guys.  You know, for as much as I claim to hate mass production, I sure seem to do it a lot!!

I've already uploaded the photos for at least 5 more posts...it's so much easier when the pictures are sitting there on the desktop ready to go!  I'm going to try to be a good blogger for the rest of the month  :)  but my slacker tendencies may get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment