Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teacher door decoration



so... I volunteered to decorate the door for Connor's teacher for Teacher Appreciation Week...I know if I was a teacher, I would want my door decorated...and I know my son and think that anyone who spends 6 hours a day teaching him certainly deserves their door decorated!





I'm not sure if you can see it, but I used glitter modge podge on the letters and then took stickles and made stars over the modge podge...it looked cool in person...




Here's a close-up of the guitar...Sanford was at football and Connor went on a steam train trip with his grandpas...so I was home alone with no one to do anything for on Sunday, all I had to worry about was myself...that's probably why I spent 2 hours making a paper guitar...that and I have a few issues...the darker purple center is glitter paper...her name is Lisa Lee...can you see her name on the guitar?




Then I used the cricut to cut out stars and put each students name on one and strung them to hang...





I thought ~Mrs. Lee rocks~ was a pretty good sentiment for 3rd graders...not to girly, not too juvenile...I got to school at 6am on Monday morning to put it up...no one else was there that early...the custodian finally let me in at 6:30...so I got it hung up and it looked great with the stars dangling...but I forgot to take a photo...One of the room moms emailed me one, but I'm not sure how to move it...I'm impaired that way...

We sent something in for his teacher every day...again, she ABSOLUTELY deserves it!! I forgot to take pictures of everything...but tomorrow I'll post what I did take pics of. I'm bummed that the thing I made that I thought was the cutest I didn't take a photo of...aqua blue cookie jar with a label on the front that said~Treats for the Teacher...to share or not~ filled with smarties (thanks for making us smarties) and dum dums (not dum-dums)...I tied on black and white gingham ribbon and it was adorable...oh well...I'll be better at taking pictures next year!

1 comment:

  1. You are so good at this stuff! I bet there are teachers who would kill to have you as room mom. Of course, that gift comes with the extra work of having your boy in their class. Ha, ha!!! Small price to pay for such treats!

    ReplyDelete