Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 133



So...when I saw this sketch, my mind immediately went to the super cute snowman image from Stampendous holding a banner I would make for him. Random...but it's where I went...

The problem of course, is when you start with a giant image, you end up with a

SuPer-SiZeD project...

way too big for a card...

I think I'll either frame him or put him on the front of a gift bag.




Here he is holding his banner that I made from punching out ovals, folding them in half, and then writing on them and gluing them onto baker's twine. I'm kind of on a baker's twine kick...probably because I bought 8 full spools of it...to make the goodies on the side, I just cut whole images out of the Cosmo Cricket Christmas paper (from last year's line) These colors totally don't look like they match at all in the pictures...I guess you'll just have to trust me that it's cute in person.




Here's a close up where you can almost see that I used Crystal Laquer on his eyes and mouth to make them a little more coal-like...wait...maybe shiny coal is diamonds and this is all wrong...well...they are a little more dimensional...I also used punched snowflakes, some diamond dust, and a pom pom to finish him off...




Here is a side shot of his face where you can see his 3D nose and how the twine is punched through and then pulled around to make him look like he's holding the banner. Plus...I love him and 2 pictures wasn't enough ;)




Here he is on a boring kraft paper base before I decided that was way too bland and moved him to his teal home...he's much happier now...

1 comment:

  1. Yep, cutest snowman ever. I didn't realize that this was for a challenge. You're good to be able to create within guidelines. I'm impressed.

    Oh, and cute background on the blog!

    ReplyDelete