Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge

Here's the sketch for the challenge....originally I saw something super cute in my head...


this isn't it...I made what was in my head and on paper it was ridiculously busy and just not right...the photos of the actual project aren't great, but it's 90 degrees outside and I started sweating trying to set it up to get a picture...90? in November? I know about the sunshine tax, but c'mon...this is crazy! Anyway...I fiddled for about 5 minutes and decided this was as good as it was going to get...


originally in my head, the buttons ran down the sides where the twine is...but it wasn't right...there was also a lot of ribbon and rick-rack in my head that just wasn't pretty in the real world...I really am happy with how the button scallop came out around the main image. ;)


I even made a matching envelope...and the inside of the card has the matching color strip across the bottom just to tie it all together.



The stamps are from Taylored Expressions and all other supplies are from PTI. I have only recently found Taylored Expressions...and I think it's going to be an expensive discovery ;) She did a 12 days of Christmas idea series that had some of the cutest ideas ever! It was kind of a spendy week...but I have the stuff to make lots of Christmas gifts! Of course, now I need to actually quit hoarding the goodies and make the presents!

4 comments:

  1. As I knew it would be, it's great! Love the twine and polka dots plus the buttons are just such a clever way to use them. Just wish that tiny button didn't have a chip on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!! I love the button border for the circle, and the fun colors are fab!! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get out with the cuteness!!! I ADORE the way your card came out!!! LOVE the buttons around the focal image - HOW cute! And the Twine around the sides is awesome!!! AND you made a matching envelope!! That is awesome! Gorgeous colors - your cupcake is LOOKING YUMMYYYYY!!!!!

    Awesome take on the sketch!!!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute! I love the buttons around your image... such a fun and unique detail! Great take on the sketch...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete