Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's great to be a SUNDEVIL!!

It's official...Yesterday Sanford became the Head Varsity Football Coach at Mt. Carmel.  He's already immersed in reading coaching books, meeting with mentors, looking for inspirational quotes , and all things pigskin.  Football widowhood has begun...and it's only February!  :)




I made this for him to put on his desk...I guess a smiley Sundevil probably isn't all that intimidating...but I do cute, not scary.





  My friend Kim and I took a class this weekend to learn how to make the cute chickie box below...I just gave it horns instead of a beak and my devil was born...I might have gotten a little carried away with my new "Sparkle" Modge Podge...I think my Sundevil is a girl...but don't tell Sanford!  I filled the jar with Atomic Fireballs...It seemed appropriate..they're packaged in red and yellow and they're HOT!  I just crack myself up!




Here's the chickie box that started my current paper clay phase...I am loving this stuff!  Easy to use, forgiving, and seriously...it looks like you might actually need some kind of talent to do it (not true of course, but it looks impressive!)




Here's a close up of his cute little face...yeah, I'm not sure why I think it's a boy when it has a pink collar and a bow on it's hat...guess I'm just open-minded !  LOL  The eyes on the original were a lot more traditionally retro looking, but it's just not me unless it has beady little eyes.  

I also made some cute stuff for Connor's teacher for her birthday that I was going to post too, but my computer-inept self managed to delete the photos before they  made it safely to iPhoto...I guess you'll just have to imagine how cute they were.

Thanks for looking...and make sure you tell Sanford congratulations when you see him... He really is great with those boys...I sure hope they have the season they deserve!

2 comments:

  1. I tried commenting earlier, but the site wasn't working. I think your she-devil is awesome! I agree that it's a bit feminine now, but that just makes him think of his she-devil waiting for him at home, right?! I think the atomic fireballs are perfect! You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting to try paper clay for like a year now - bastages won't ship to APOs - anywho, super cute!

    ReplyDelete