Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Coin box and Bday treats

Really?!?  Am I blogging again? Already?  But it hasn't been a month yet!   :)     Nothing special, but I just thought I'd post what I made today.  I was asked to make a box to put a coin in for a West Point graduate.  I assumed cute and girly were unacceptable.    I just made a 2 x 2 nugget box.The templates are all on Splitcoaststampers.




I used a monogram set I got at WalMart...yup, Walmart (it's Martha Stewart).  I also heat embossed, which I never do...simple, but nice.




One of my daycare dads called this morning and asked if I could help his daughter make a card for her mom's birthday today.  We made the card, and then I made her something too.  Sometimes, it's really useful having the contents of a small craft store in your house...the contents of a small liquor store doesn't hurt either  :)




I just wrapped the nuggets in scraps of paper and put them in a ziploc baggie that I got at JoAnn's...I think it's supposed to be for jewelry, but it fits 8 nuggets perfectly!!  The picture is awful...sorry...it's way cute in person...You'll just have to trust me on that!  Plus it's hooked onto a bottle of Pink! (pink champagne from Australia)...so if it's not that cute now, it will be when she's  finished the bottle...that or this is an accurate picture of how she will be seeing it after she drinks....just a little out of focus!!!   Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're blogging again! :) Way cute idea! That paper is fun. I know you commented about how much you're using that little chickie, but I LOVE it! Very fun.

    Hey, I'll be at Friday Flag this week ... since you're planning to go. I miss chatting with you. We can catch up for 2 minutes before you are off running again!

    ReplyDelete