Monday, October 25, 2010

Papertrey October Blog Hop

Projects this month were supposed to represent a winter holiday that was not Christmas. I used traditional Christmas colors...mainly because I loved how the mug looked paper pieced using the new Christmas Prints paper ;)...I was careful not to use trees, since those screamed Christmas to me and I was trying to keep it generic winter.

I make a cocoa box using an A2 card box and tiny tubes.


I had extra space at the top and originally was going to fill it with starlight mints which I thought would look adorable, but I was to lazy to go to the store and ended up filling small 1 x 8 inch bags with individual servings of marshmallows...one package per tube of cocoa. The marshmallows fit in perfectly with minimal coercion :)


The mug fit nicely on a 1 3/4 inch circle punch...so then I had to use the new dies that coordinate with that punch. The scallop is quite pretty. I cut it in felt and paper and ended up using the paper...but it cut really nicely on the felt too...no problem with the details.



This is a pretty generic winter giftie that could be given as a Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Hey, I like you present. It should also make my friend Cindy happy that I actually made something and submitted it somewhere ;)

30 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love your paper pieced cup!! So cute!! Love the buttons and twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. It looks so cute packaged up like that. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is TOTALLY and completely awesome! Who wouldn't love getting this?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project!! I love decorating treats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I love those little tubes...really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! It's great - but isn't everything you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous, love the little mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so nice!!! Loved the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the packaging, and love the contents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous project and the perfect winter gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way cute! I love those little marshmallows peeking out at the top, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Another great idea to use up all those empty boxes I have in my basement. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this project! What a fun gift to receive and give.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute!! I love the cocoa tubes, and the cute little tag!! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop challenge! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh how i would love to receive this!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute. You are right it would make a great gift for a lot of winter holidays too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! Cute! Cute! Love your idea to make a gift like this. Sweet little tag to match the hot cocoa idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun project!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy! Love this and those marshmallows look pretty darn cute in there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh! I want one! That mug is so DARLING and LOVE the tubs with the marshmallows! FAB project!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet! Your mug is fabulous and I love the sleeve of marshmallows!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a darling idea! Great job with the PTI challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Uber cute! Love the packaging as well. Hmmm, I seem to have a few of those boxes as well. Thanks for some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great project! I like how you layered the ribbon and 'candy cane' twine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a sweet gift! Love that packaging!Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a fantastic idea. Great job.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete